Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
TROLLEY TRAIL EARTH DAY CLEAN UP +
SATURDAY APRIL 24th
Friends of the Trolley Trail
Randy Cram of Mason City is organizing an Earth Day Clean up along the Trolley Trail bike trail that connects Mason City and Clear Lake, IA. If interested in helping, contact Randy Cram at
or just show up. All are welcome. Time will be 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Randy will be at the corner of Killdeer Ave and 255th to hand out trash bags and maps for clean-up. There will be 9 sectors your group can choose from to clean up, so many hands will make quick work!
Full trash bags and large items can be left on the shoulder for pick up by the city of Mason City, Clear Lake, and the County.
Thanks for your help! See you on the 24th.
Thursday, April 1, 2021
For those of you who do not know, LeRoy Stonecypher passed away last Tuesday morning. The family had a private graveside ceremony yesterday, but there is a Celebration of Life service planned at the Grace United Methodist Church in Floyd, Iowa, at 10:30 a.m. on April 17, 2021, with lunch immediately following.
LeRoy was one of the earliest members of the North Iowa Touring Club. He planned and participated in many of the weekend cycling events. Together, he and I rode events in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming to mention a few.
Besides advising you as to the Celebration of Life event, I have two requests:
1. If you are planning on attending the Celebration of Life and the meal following, please let me know this week. It is difficult to find a place where a group can hold a meal these days, and when you do, there is a cost in following safety measures. Therefore, we need an idea of those planning on attending. Folks, this is not a guarantee, so let me know if you think you will attend—I understand if you have a change of plans later.
2. My daughter and I will be assembling a booklet of memories—a copy of which will be provided to those attending the Celebration of Life. I have already received a number of memories from those closest to him—and those folks are free to add to their contribution as well as anyone who has yet to share. In addition, I am looking for pictures that hold a special memory. I have arbitrarily set a deadline of April 1, 2021. If you should need more time, please let me know. I have no idea as to the magnitude of this undertaking. Therefore, I reserve the right to pick and choose the memories or pictures.
Not only was LeRoy an avid cyclist, but a husband, father, grandfather,great-grandfather, and church member--and in former years a skier, and a snowmobiler. If any of you have memories or pictures to celebrate these events, please forward them as well. Also, be sure to provide good contact information in the event I need to contact you.
email@example.com, or send to
Earl W. Hill, 35 Main Ave. S., P.O. Box 301, Britt, Iowa 50423
Thursday, October 8, 2020
This is an unusual year in that all public activities must be planned while maximizing the recommendations of the government agencies entrusted with managing the Covid-19 pandemic. Space and air flow will limit the number of cyclists that can be accommodated this year. Therefore, spaces will only be available on a first come, first served basis.
Indoor cycling will be held on the following terms and conditions:
INDOOR CYCLING CLASS
304 1st St. S.E.
Mason City, Iowa
Indoor cycling will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the season with a begin time of 6:30 p.m. Indoor cycling will be held on Saturday mornings throughout the season with a begin time of 8:30 a.m. Historically additional sessions have been added for Holidays.
At this time, set up of the room is scheduled for Saturday, November 7, 2020. The first sessions is scheduled for November 10, 2020. It is anticipated all cyclists will be ready to go at 6:30 p.m. on November 10.
Each cyclist will be required to join or renew his/her membership in the North Iowa Touring Club for 2021.
New this year:
1. Only a full season pass will be available.
2. The combined cost of the full season pass and single membership in the North Iowa Touring Club will be $140. There will be no family discounts this year.
3. All fees must be paid in advance.
4. A trainer is not included, nor is a floor mat in the above cost (a floor mat is required of all participants). While it is recommended each participant bring his/her own floor mat and trainer, floor mats and trainers will be provided at additional cost.
5. Please download, print, and fill-out the following forms:
NITC Indoor Cycling Class 2020 Aplication
Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
And along with your payment mail to:
Earl W. Hill
35 Main Avenue South
P.O. Box 301
Britt, Iowa 50423
Your registration is not complete unless and until both documents, properly completed and signed, and payment are received by the North Iowa Touring Club.
Our members are our top
priority. At this time, the Committee is
studying the following issues:
a) Mask policy
b) Air flow and bicycle arrangement
c) Required safety precautions (wiping down exercise areas)
d) Total number of cyclists that can be accommodated in the space available.
We look forward to seeing you for another exciting year of indoor cycling.
Direct any questions:
Tracey Stack (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Earl W. Hill (email@example.com)
Mark Dix (firstname.lastname@example.org)